Friday 5 March 2010

LinkedIn

I have spent all week dithering about whether to join this or not. I feel very uncomforatable about having my personal details so publicly available to an initial community of 60 million people (!) and then some. I have, however, now joined with very basic information about myself so that I can experience the experience.

I can see that this site has much potential for professional networking and making new contacts with people in related fields; for job opportunities; and for keeping an uptodate online profile for those times when a CV is needed. However, I don't think I am ready to plunge head first into providing all the information that I could at this stage. I am sure that there will be a need for such services that LinkedIn can offer in the future but at the moment I am happy with the network of contacts that I have chosen to build for my professional life.

No comments:

Post a Comment