Wednesday 24 March 2010

ThinkFree

It took over 4 minutes to get myself into ThinkFree which was longer than I thought it should take but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and continued with it. I found it easy to create a document and it was good to see all the familiar word processing tools on the toolbar. I was slightly perplexed, however, by the jerky stop/start experience I had as I was typing but this seemed to improve as I produced more text. As I wasn't convinced that my document had been saved properly I logged out and in again to check (which was much quicker second time round) and it was there.

I also checked out the HTML document options and was interested to see templates for recipes and travel information as well as work related documents such as fax, memos and agendas. The latter would certainly be useful if away on business and you needed a fax template for example. I did find it difficult to navigate around the Notes in the ThinkFree office though. It wasn't very easy to toggle between the templates which was frustrating. I ended up fiddling with the url to get back which wasn't very satisfactory. I probably missed a big navigation button but I certainly didn't see it today. (The back arrow didn't work but then perhaps I didn't give it enough time to work!)

On balance I think I prefer Google Docs but it is good to know that both options exist and that I can use my google login for both. It seems that once again Google knows just what the punter wants....

No comments:

Post a Comment