Monday 1 February 2010

If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too! (Dr Seuss)

Well rather scarily things started happening very quickly after I popped in to see Joanna. She gave me a couple of annexing tips and suddenly I was rampaging through more blogs than I knew what to do with.

After taking a deep breath I decided I needed a more systematic and sensible approach and that I should limit myself to a few feeds only. Joanna and Emma's blogs have been added as have Dr Seuss's quotes (my stockpile is rapidly diminishing); frugal recipes (the kids need feeding cheap and filling meals); crime and thriller book reviews (for those moments when I might have time to read); digital photography tips (for when I'm out and about with my camera); and organic allotment tips (for when the ground is actually diggable again). It was fun adding them. Not sure what happens now. Will I be deluged with tips? Have I been too rash with my selection? I'll see what happens tomorrow because I really don't know what these feeds will do...

2 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to hear a follow up with what happens tomorrow.

    I find it always takes a while to get used to the update patterns of the blogs/sites you subscribe to. I've certainly culled a few in my time because they update far too often and the volume outweighs the quality of the content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me a great mental picture there of the feeds as living, breathing, unpredictable creatures!

    And seconding what Emma says - feeds are kind of like a garden, you have to weed and prune to get the best out of them :)

    ReplyDelete