Friday 5 February 2010

Many fine things can be done in a day if you don't always make that day tomorrow (Anon)

Decided that I should really push myself and investigate my Google Reader a bit more. I now know how to star an item and email interesting snippets. Joanna was pleased (I think) to receive an item on pruning Autumn raspberries. I have also 'managed' my subscriptions which didn't work as I thought it should yesterday but looks ok today (what is all that about?). I now have relevant folders for my feeds which makes them easier to find. I usually live in a rather random world (according to my family) but this task has sorted me into one with a more organised outlook. Perhaps I should try to apply these skills at home...

(I'm now rationing my Dr Seuss quotes for 'new things' but have discovered additional 'thing' quotes in one of my feeds. So these things can be useful after all...).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Interesting re your skiing and the family - we sound very similar. I didn't start skiing until aged 40 or thereabouts and my three children, aged 20 18 and 16 are all super quick and death defying, going to the top of the highest black run and throwing themselves off. I'm happier ambling around blues and some reds and so go away with girlfriends each year and have a very much more relaxed time of it (my husband insists that you're on the first lift up and the last lift back if you're with him and lunch is a sandwich sat on the chairlift).

    ....will tell you a funny story about my recent holiday when I catch up with you.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete