Wednesday 17 February 2010

You can steer yourself, any direction you choose (Dr Seuss)

My steering was a bit hit and miss with Thing 9 until I got into the swing of it. No problem getting a Delicious account - I was pleased that I could use my Yahoo details. I did however stall a little the next day as I was unable to provide the correct username and password which didn't make sense. Problem diverted when I spotted the Yahoo ID button... I failed miserably to install bookmarklet - something to do with licencing (??) so resorted to copying and pasting urls which was straightforward. I liked the intuitive picklist of suggested tags which was helpful but it took me a while to realise that you had to miss out spaces in your tags eg '23things' rather than '23 things'. As I write this I realise that I should perhaps have read through the information 'How do I get started' but I didn't...

I saved my blog to ox23 but wasn't able to find my fellow ox23 taggers first time as I'd typed in Ox23 - case sensitive as well... (I'm certainly learning by my mistakes!). I had another 'duh' moment when I failed to work out how to save bookmarks - it was a bit boring copying and pasting until a save box magically formed in front of my eyes after the titles of the sites I liked the look of. I think I'm too old for this...

So here I am with a nice selection of bookmarks to browse through. How do I feel about Delicious? I think the same as I would after running a half-marathon - hot, bothered and a bit (lot) tired and I thought that this would be an easy week! I will try and persevere with it but I must say that googling sites and adding to my favourites has worked very well for me so far....

No comments:

Post a Comment